Friday, January 8, 2010

Plastic Christmas Plates Atten: Crafters! I Need Some Help With A Christmas Craft.?

Atten: crafters! I need some help with a Christmas Craft.? - plastic christmas plates

In July I had an idea for a homemade gift (I make them) every year. I took a sheet of clear plastic, pulled in front of a snowman from a stencil with a permanent marker and painted it with watercolors.

Of course, I do not want to lose it, and in two of the three dishes that I made the pattern on the opposite side of the plate when I paint. Although not a cosmetic problem, until it disappears, I want to seal it.

Ideas?

What is the best way to a plastic plate with a permanent marker on one side and water-based paint on the other seals? Is it possible to make this court, or is it washable?

** When I say "piece of plastic" I mean a hard plastic plate. It was for sale this summer for $ 50 instead of $ 5.00/plate.

3 comments:

Diane B. said...

I think most can be washed by hand from the plastic sheets, at least when they close, but you have to paint with water seal, especially for the first time since they will run or bleed. You can try the site and syringes (I recognized the mark as well) with a light layer of acrylic spray * (too heavy and can) then a few more layers of security.
You can then all the brush sealer (not sure you are on plastic, but in general use, filling water only because they are easier in the lungs) - or you can ModPodge cutting or other ... Let your plate * * sits in the water after - exposure to a little moisture is good in general). You can probably ask a DIY store that sealants are safe and permanent in the plastic.

Diane B.

cowgirl said...

As seen through the plate to show the development of paint on the floor. No color fading in foods.

cowgirl said...

As seen through the plate to show the development of paint on the floor. No color fading in foods.

Post a Comment